A Civilian on the Battlefield (COB) usually plays one of several roles of various indigenous people in an Iraqi or Afghan village. The theater within which the COB acts is a realistic Iraqi or Afghani village erected on a military training site. Roles to be played include scripted and improvisational roles of members of the village’s general populace, insurgents and business owners.
COB may also play roles commonly associated with U.S. personnel emulating a variety of positions normally performed by Provisional Reconstruction Teams, news agencies, or other Non-Governmental Organizations including but not limited to U.S. government officials; civil affairs personnel; psychological operations personnel; and Western media personnel. Roles may be neutral, friendly, or adversarial in nature.
The COB provides these services in support of training exercises for the U.S. military.
Frequent stooping, bending, lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds, walking and/or standing, climbing stairs, and walking on uneven ground. Occasionally sits for long periods of time.
The majority of work is performed in an outdoor setting and in off site locations with a wide variety of people in different functions, personalities and abilities. Field conditions prevail. Environment may be subject to blowing dust and sand, heavy rains or snow, and temperatures ranging for 10 (-) degrees F in the winter to 125(+) degrees F in the summer and as well local wildlife and insects like snakes, turtles, coyotes, spiders, bees, wasps, mosquitoes, etc. In addition, exposure to high levels of noise, due to the military weapons, and equipment used during live training.
Equal Opportunity Employer, F/M/D/V; Preference will be given to Ouzinkie shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
• Be able to portray an assigned role and remain in the character of that role for the duration of the training exercises (except during meals, breaks and uninterrupted rest periods)
• Dress in costume appropriate to role
• Convincingly perform the assigned role while realistically interacting with other role players and military trainees in a dynamic setting
• As required by the assigned role, speak and write clear and comprehensive English
• Perform interpretations of emotions, actions appropriate to situations defined using body movements, facial expressions and gestures
• Be able to convincingly improvise his/her character’s actions depending upon the actions and reactions of the U.S. military trainees
• Be able to understand and take direction related to the interaction of assigned character with other role players in the village
• Be able to convincingly react to changing and unscripted character and movements of U.S. military trainees within the village theater
• As required, play more than one character in an exercise without causing confusion or ambiguity for the U.S. military trainees participating in training exercises
• Adheres to military training standards at all times
• Communicates with co-workers, supervisors, Mission Managers, Lane Controllers military personnel and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
• Conforms to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment
• High School diploma or GED
• Must be able to gain access to US military installations
• Must be able to pass a commercial/government agency background and reference check
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work in the United States
• Ability to understand English
• Ability to evaluate and respond realistically to actions of other role players, including U.S. military personnel.
• Improvise convincing reactions to changing and unscripted U.S. military character and trainee movements within the training environment.
• Ability to work from 1 or more days at a time at secured locations and work up to 12 hours per day.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://roleplayersupport-katmai.icims.com/jobs/intro?hashed=-435801981&mobile=false&width=1350&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.