Responsible for providing technical support for maintenance information and inventory management system database including; overseeing development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing long-term perspectives on the relationship of database technology to business opportunities. Assists Operations to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current/future objectives.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus); occasional walking or standing, occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting and in some offsite locations during project transitioning with a wide variety of people in different functions, personalities and abilities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
• Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
• Develops a methodology for ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
• Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
• Develops tools and methodology to assist in the management of the databases.
• Develops and/or assists in developing the logical database area and provides technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
• Works with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
• 2 -3 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• 3-5 years mySQL Server experience.
• Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
• BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
• Ability to develop technical documentation for processes, products, etc.
• Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision, be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
• Contribute to the fostering of positive office morale; be a team player.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with employees and management team, good written and verbal communication skills.
• Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans in a high-pressure environment.
• May provide technical guidance and/or supervision to IT personnel or consultants.