Assists in providing IT requirements and the administration of computers, computer systems and associated equipment required to perform services on this contract, i.e. the Local Area Network (LAN). Responsible for performing basic computer upgrades and troubleshooting services.
• Oversees installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Monitors servers, including e-mail, file, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
• Monitors security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
• Support and implement DOD and DA Information Assurance policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems data.
• Installs software patches and updates to keep computer systems compliant with all DOD Information Assurance requirements.
• Monitor compliance of all DOD and DA Directives including the use of external drives and equipment by unit personnel.
• Maintain and update accountability of all systems and software.
• Provide training to Range Operations and Contractor personnel on information security requirements.
• Monitors all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, wireless access points, and UPSs.
• Monitors all off-network contractor acquired, hardware, software and equipment, including “air cards” and UPSs.
• Ensures network connectivity of all workstations.
• Administers all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
• Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
• Performs system backups and recovery.
• Monitors and tests network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
• Recommends, schedules, and performs network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable
company’s insurance carrier.
Frequent sitting, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the ability to adjust focus; occasional walking or standing, occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. It is Katmai’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in both an office setting, and outdoors. Employee often exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals and vibration. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, http://www.katmaicorp.com/careers.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.